At Satit Bilingual School student admissions policy is guided by:
- Will the student make a positive contribution to the school?
- Do the parents support the school’s vision, mission and concepts?
- Can the school provide the best opportunity for the child?
Students’ academic achievement and language proficiency are key criteria in the admissions process.
The academic year at SBS Chiang Mai is from August to June split in to two terms. The exact start and end dates of term can be found on the school calendar.
The cut-off date for entry to each of our grade levels is August 1st. For example, a child must be 3 by August 1st of the current year to enter K1, and 6 by 1st August of the current year to enter Primary 1.
In cases where the child's birth date is very close to the cut-off date and where parents feel the child should be in a higher year level, the child will still be placed in the appropriate grade according to our admissions policy, i.e. the 'lower' grade. Children will be moved from that grade only after a period of observation and upon the recommendation by the teacher and Principal. All placements are provisional in that they may be reviewed during the child's first month at school.
The level of English of all non-native speakers applying for Grade 4 and up will be assessed before a place can be offered. The outcome of this assessment will determine whether or not a child will need English as a Second Language (ESL) support.
Our staff at SBS are there at all times to help guide you through all the information you require to ensure the early days of our prospective partnership are as easy and productive as possible. Please do not hesitate to call us at any time for further advice or information.
Step 1: Providing Information to Prospective Parents
Please contact the Administration Office in order to collect the Prospective Parent Information Pack which includes:
- School Profile
- Application and Registration Procedures
- International grade comparisons and usual age for entry to SBS
- Summer programmes information
- Schedule and Fees, including uniform and catering charges
- Extra-curricular activities programme
Step 2: Making Your Application
Students holding other nationalities than Thai have to obtain an Education Visa while they are studying in the school.
Foreign students who do not hold Education Visa:
Please provide the supporting documents as follows on the enrollment day for the school to apply for an Education Visa.
Documents required to applying for education visa for foreign student:
- 1.Copy of student’s passport
- 2.Copy of parent’s passport
- 3.Copy of grade report
- 4.Copy of Birth Certificate of the student
- 5.Family Registration List.
- 6.Copy of parent's work permit.
- 7.Current monthly income tax for the parent
Step 3: Submission of application and time frame
New students are usually admitted in April, and the school will consider student applications mid-term in extenuating circumstances.
- Grade placement and comparison to other systems are included in the Prospective Parent Information Pack. (Please read the comparison chart carefully for the normal entry to each grade level).
- This application is considered complete when all requirements are received by the Admissions Office. Once all the requirements are met and received by the Admission Office, an interview will be arranged for you and your child.
- Enrollment for summer programmes and extra-curricular activities require separate applications. For new-entry students attendance of summer programmes is compulsory prior to admission of the main school.
Step 4: Admission Interview
Once all the admission requirements have been met and received by the Admissions Office, an admission interview will be made with the Principal.
- Placement testing and / or an observation period focusing on a student’s academic achievement and language proficiency, usually a full morning, is required and will be arranged at the same time as your admission interview.
Step 5: Offer of Entry and Acceptance
When your application is successful, you will be sent a formal offer of a place for your child and a slip to confirm if you wish to take up the offer.
Step 6: Registration
Once you have returned the acceptance offer, the required fees should be paid to the Admissions Office. Registration is complete when all fees are received (refer to Announcement of SBS School Fees, section 5 – Conditions for payment).
Step 7: Information to registered students and parents
An information package for parents will be made available, which contains all the necessary information you will need to ensure a happy start to your child’s time at SBS. You will also receive a copy of the registration form indicating your child’s teacher and ID number. School uniforms should be purchased from the School Shop prior to their child’s first day.
- The School will confirm student class placement one week prior to the start of the academic year.
Step 8: Orientation
Your child’s class teachers will write you a letter of introduction. Parents will be informed and provided curriculum information for the appropriate grade level.
- Please note: As part of the application procedure, parents are required to designate persons authorised to collect your child from school. The Admissions Office will assist you with this.
To find out more about Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University - Chiang Mai.
Please Call us at +66-5344-2208-9 Mon - Fri, 08:00 - 17:00.